Business Development Specialist
The Business Development Manager is a senior position within the Programme Development and Quality Team. The Business Development Manager will identify and track donor opportunities, facilitate donor engagement, assist in the development of fundraising strategies, and coordinate proposal development for large and strategic funding opportunities. The position requires innovative thinking and creativity to package our programme strategies in ways that attract the right donor support and grow out portfolio effectively. S/He will write sections of proposals that speak to our overall capabilities, while coordinating the input of technical advisors, Operations, Finance, HR and Security into proposals and budgets. Recognising that many conversations with donors involve a review or update around current grants as well as discussions about new opportunities, the Business Development Manager will also be expected to stay closely informed about the progress of all major institutional grants and able to speak to results in key reporting documents. The Business Development Coordinator will be located in Khartoum. The role has an external orientation, but also works very closely with SC Members.
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Development professional with a relevant Masters’ Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Recommended 5 years experience in a both emergency and development contexts, preferably with solid experience in more than one of the Save the Children priority sectors: education, protection, child rights governance, and health and nutrition; experience in both development and complex emergencies preferred.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, and pull together input from a diverse team.
- Excellent writing/editing, budget development and presentation/communication skills.
- Experience in presenting project information to donors and partners.
- Experience in coordinating development of large-scale or strategic proposals, including the development of multi-million-dollar project budgets.
- Proven representation skills.
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an international environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
- Strong results orientation, with the ability to challenge existing mindsets.
- Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner.
- Ability and willingness to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies.
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required.
- Commitment to Save the Children values, including willingness to abide by and enforce the Child Safeguarding policy
- Significant experience in the region
- Arabic Language skills
- Experience with EU and US programming
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 31 Oct 2019
Closing date: 14 Nov 2019 - 23:59 EAT
Location: Khartoum, Sudan
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time