In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- A minimum of 7 years’ management experience in a corporate or an NGO environment, of which three at a management level within the finance department of a national or international organization
- Experience of responding to emergencies whilst continuing development work
- CPA or equivalent degree (CA, ACMA, ACCA) strongly recommended
- Excellent understanding of business and financial planning including strategic modelling
- Excellent analytical skills – the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information
- Excellent experience of budgeting and budget management
- Excellent understanding of financial systems and procedures
- Strong business acumen and the ability to contribute to strategic decisions
- Excellent experience of computerised accounts packages, Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Experience of general administration work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage a complex and diverse workload and to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to build a small, proactive team, motivating staff and working collaboratively with colleagues and providing support and advice as necessary
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with incoming surge teams, in the event of emergencies
- A full appreciation of the value of co-operation, both internationally and within a team environment
- Understanding of Save the Children’s vision and mission and a commitment to its objectives and values
- Written and verbal fluency in English
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
Date advertised: 12 Feb 2020
Closing date: 5 Mar 2020 - 02:59 EAT
Location: Juba, South Sudan
Type: PermanentSchedule: Full-time