Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
Cleans the rooms including the floors, windows, tables, furniture, toilet rooms, etc and remove the dust of all desk top computers, photocopier and other office equipment
Contract Duration: 7 Months
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Ensures that the office facilities are well protected;
- Ensures that the lamps in all the rooms are switched off out of office hours;
- Locks the office rooms and the kitchen during out of office hours;
- Ensures the availability of sanitation materials, coffee and sugar in the store;
- Reports any missing or damaged items
- Assist the Admin Assistant Officer in filing documents and circulation, photocopying and managing the store and the resource centre;
- Assists the Admin Officer in maintaining store records
- Cover essential duties of other cleaner (s) as required.
- Manage the reception function – receiving SC guests and directing them to the relevant office.
- Manage the switchboard and attend to incoming and outgoing telephone calls, directing calls as required
- Ensure that the reception areas is maintained in a clean and tidy state at all times
- Make hot drinks and water available to the staff and SC guest
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ability to read and write with basic communication skills of English Language
- Training as cleaner
- At least three years of experience as cleaner in a medium sized/large office
High level of integrity and ability to work as part of a professional team
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents.
Date advertised: 15 Jul 2021
Closing date: 29 Jul 2021 - 23:59 EAT
Location: Burao, Somalia
Department: Facilities and Wellbeing
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time