MEAL Data Management officer - ECHO EIE Consortium
MEAL Data Management officer - ECHO EIE Consortium Mogadishu – Somali-National only
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
To provide technical support on Information Management system to ECHO EIE consortium project team and members. Save the Children, in consortium with ADRA are Save the Children, with partner Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA), have been implementing a 21 Months (01st August 2021– 30th May 2023) action which aims to increase IDP children's access to quality, protective education and build resilience of children affected by displacement due to disaster and conflict in Jubaland, Hirshabbelle and South West States of Somalia. Access to quality education will be facilitated by addressing identified barriers such as societal gender norms, financial constraints, fear of attacks on education and distress endured by the upheaval from both conflict and disaster. To address these barriers SCI and ADRA will undertake targeted enrollment campaigns and provide financial support for IDP students transitioning into public schools. Quality of teaching and learning will be a strong focus supported through the inclusion of professional development programme, instruction and learning processes, assessment of learning outcomes and peer to peer teacher support to ensure teachers are fully equipped for their role.
Under the strategic direction of the ECHO EiE MEAL, the role of the MEAL Data Management officer is to establish and implement the data-platform systems for education in emergency and to promote evidence-based decision-making, programme and project performance, and internal management. The Information Management Officer will contribute to quality programming through supporting access to and use of relevant and timely information on programme scale, relevance, and effectiveness. The main purpose of the position is to assist the Consortium MEAL Coordinator in ensuring effective capacity building of staff, development, maintenance, management, compilation and analysis of the information while ensuring that IM requirements are adequately addressed, including data collection, storage, analysis, dissemination tools and procedures. While the Consortium MEAL Coordinator will be responsible on the day to day of learning, the MEAL Data Management officer will be responsible for day-to-day management of the data platform, data collection, data visualization and primary analysis.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports directly to: Consortium MEAL Coordinator, EiE Consortium (but working closely with the MEAL Team and the Programe Director.)
Staff directly reporting to this position: None.
Save the Children has been working in Somalia for more than 60 years. The Country Office has over 500 staff across 14 field offices (Boroma, Burao and Hargeisa in Somaliland; Bosasso, Garowe, Galkayo and Gardo in Puntland; Beletweyne, Adaado, Abudwak, Baidoa, Kismayo, Dhobley and Mogadishu in Central South Somalia). Our Country Office coordination and administration base is in Nairobi, Kenya. In 2017, as a result of significant scale up for the countrywide drought response, our annual spend FY2017 was US$117 million and we reached more than 2 million people through our humanitarian and longer-term development work in Health, Nutrition, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Child Protection and Child Rights Governance. The Country Office manages 61 active awards totalling US$165 million from a range of governmental/institutional donors, including DFID, ECHO, EU, FFP, OFDA, and DANIDA being some of our largest
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of degree in an area of information technology, Data science, demography, statistics, or equivalent.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ experience in an international NGO preferably in an emergency or post-conflict setting, including M&E capacity and systems development.
- University degree in information technology, Data science, demography, statistics, or any other related area.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal; excellent communication skills in English with experience working in multicultural, multi location, values driven teams.
- Hands on experience in server installations and configurations
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support and implement technical solutions at all levels
- Ability to develop online database system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to Manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations
- Understanding of data and information needs for program management and decision making.
- Proven presentation, training and facilitation skills, with the demonstrated ability to transfer knowledge to diverse audiences through training, mentoring, capacity building and other formal and non-formal methods.
Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a matrix management environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
Please apply in English saving your CV and cover letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at https://somalia.savethechildren.net/careers
Application deadline is 23rd September, 2021.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents
- Ability to formulate IM-related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Experience with handling confidential data and demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Strong experience in developing database system using SQL/Mysql, PowerBI, Azure, Oracle,
- Experience in creating soft interfaces and cross platform linkages such as creating interface of kobo and powerBI, or Azure and sharepoint
- Experience in creating realtime data visualization
- Analytic and computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access) Experience using STATA, , Epi Info, python or R, QGIS, ARCGIS
Date advertised: 13 Sep 2021
Closing date: 23 Sep 2021 - 23:59 EAT
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Department: Business Support
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time