FSL Projects Coordinator- Somali National Only
FSL Projects Coordinator
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The primary purpose of the -FSL coordinator is to assist the FSL PM in managing in all FSL funded projects in Somalia. The post-holder will support the PM in planning, implementation and coordination for FSL projects. S/he will contribute to programme strategy, ensure close co-ordination and integration with other projects and foster good working relationships between all sections of the team and with communities, local leaders and counterparts. S/he will work closely with the FSL Program Manager, Field Managers, Head of FSL, Finance, Human Resource and Logistic staff.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Degree in development studies, economics or any other social sciences
- A minimum of least 4 years' management experience in the INGO environment, including exposure to field operations in both emergency and development programs
- Good understanding of livelihoods concepts and issues in both emergency and development context.
- Experience and knowledge of effective financial and budgetary management of projects over USD 1 Million.
- Experience of INGO program cycle management, and with experience of working within a complex and matrix organization structure
- Solid project management skills and a proven history of delivering results
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options and implement project plans
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to children
- Previous experience of managing and developing small teams and the ability to motivate and develop others
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Ability and willingness to change work practices and hours, and work with incoming teams in the event of major emergencies
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
- Good understanding and experience of working in South Somalia a definite advantage
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents