HR and Administration Officer - Somali National Only
HR and Administration Officer
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We're changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for world-class people and relevant for the 21st century.
The Human Resource and Administration officer is accountable for providing quality and efficient HR and Administration support to the Hiran Programme team, and provide support to the Field Manager in accordance with Save the Children's corporate policies.
The Admin and HR Officer is part of support services in CSS team and responsible to provide effective & efficient administration and human resources services.
You will ensure efficient operations and procedures at the Beletweine field office in order to ensure organizational effectiveness and efficiency. This will include management of SCI's HR and Administrative policy implementation, maintenance & management, lease agreement management, Manage guest house and office premise and, provision of efficient and proactive administration support and other HR support activities at the field office level.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree or higher diploma in Human Resource, Business Administration, Secretarial Science and or Office Management.
- Minimum of two year of experience as a Human Resource, Administration or in similar fields.
- Strong planning, coordination, and reporting skills, with the ability to organize a substantial workload comprised of complex, diverse tasks and responsibilities;
- Resourcefulness and creativity in developing the role of administration and ensuring the most effective support ;
- High level of maturity, and strong people management skills, with experience in a multicultural and diverse team;
- Complying with and promoting all Save the Children International Global policies such as Child Safeguarding, Whistle blowing, Fraud, and Health and Safety.
- Good English Language Command.
- Good computer and writing skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills
Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document. To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents